Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Why I'm not jealous of Kate Middleton.

Hey guys! So have you heard the news about Kate Middleton and her little princess (as in literal princess)?

Check out Kate at the royal unveiling:


Aww. So sweet. So beautiful. So impossibly flawless just hours after giving birth.

As we've been reminded this week by the voices of reason, we lowly commoners can't compare ourselves with Kate Middleton because she has a whole team of people to dress her and do her hair and makeup to make her look as perfect as possible right after giving birth.

I mean, in a perfect world, we'd all have a team of beauty people standing at the ready to doll us up as soon as the unpleasant business of childbirth is over. Amiright?

Except for me.

I'm glad I'm not Kate Middleton.

I mean, think about it. She probably had to get up just an hour or two after giving birth so she could get all dressed up to go outside and smile for the cameras. And I can pretty much guarantee that she didn't feel like doing that, even if she had the easiest birth in the world. She probably just wanted to sleep. Or snuggle her baby. Or drink a gallon of water. Or stuff her face with chocolate.

But she couldn't, because all eyes were on her.

Yeah, we can't all look perfect all the time, but also, I kind of don't want to. Being a lowly commoner means that I get a free pass to look like crap and not care in the hours (and days...and weeks) after giving birth. I only need to care about my baby. And she thinks I'm the most beautiful person in the world.

I don't have any beef with Kate Middleton for getting to look gorgeous all the time. I mean, I'll gobble up the royal gossip as much as anyone.

But that doesn't mean I want to be her.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I saw this literally a minute after you posted it!

    I agree that I wouldn't want to be Kate Middleton. It sounds horrendously stressful to have every detail of your life scrutinized by half the world. She does an amazing job of seeming perfect, but since of course she can't really be perfect, she has to spend her whole life being a fake. And there's no way out. She's doomed to spend the rest of her life on the front pages of the tabloids.

    ReplyDelete